Saturday 8 April 2023

Fr Madewa’s Thanksgiving/Itunu Mi baptism day

 

PFL

First of all, thank him for holding the fort for me. Yobo did not even raise any eye eyebrow when I returned and he said Fraser came on site, he asked for me yet all went smoothly. Mo dupe o Oluwa. Oramonisefayati  

coincidence? watch the happening of today o ni meaning

even when we've got no clue what or how to do, He takes over the initiative

Nigeria pilgrimage. The necessary journey back

During the COVID period, as I saw the necessity of motherhood as biology, land, and school, Fr Madewa’s acceptance to give us communion became a sign of the land of my birth coming to our aid and rescue during the great ordeal.

When we were invited to Father Madewa’s Mass. I saw it as a beckon from my land, (touching from the past sign) and considering all that Fr Madewa has done for us. We owe him that respect. So I wanted that we all attend, even though I would be working

The idea was that Dear and the kids come with Uber while I drive down to meet them. But then events at St. Peter’s coincided: Dear's baptism day, Mass booking for 3 pm and her scheduled to be reading same time.

I saw this as a call for her to do this task to hold on to the journey forth (St Peter’s)  while I go on the journey back( Nigeria chaplaincy) since she is me, and I am her. We will both be riding the journey forth and back.

The coincidence of today being her baptism day is also very significant considering it is all about motherhood. And this is projected even more when the ceremony of the consecration to Our Lady and the renewal of our baptism vow was conducted by Fr Madewa at the chaplaincy. Coincidence?

I saw these as an induction into the consecration of our trip to the motherhood of Mary. During the Great baptism day of my wife who represents biological motherhood and as we make plans to plight our motherland of Nigeria, today represented by the chaplaincy. Still coincidence?  

Itakun to s’ogba, lo s’agbe, lo s’elegede. Watch this space.

just saw today is the feast of Jacinta and Francisco and we made a consecration to Our Lady of Fatima in the church too.  Reminiscence of our memorable pilgrimage to Fatima.

The only way is through. The Lord made us survive with Eucharistic communion. At the heart of the lockdown, he made us survive no vaccination, even with the VCOD coercion. I’m assured he will make us survive the journey back to Nigeria.


2022: Before Naija Travel 

 

No comments: